The Gtdagenda checklists feature has received an upgrade: you can now group your checklists under checklist categories, and you can sort them by category, priority, name, goal, project, context or date.
In the Checklists right pane you'll see both features:
Creating, editing and deleting categories can be done easily from the categories pop-up:
After organizing your checklists into categories, if you choose to sort by category you'll see them nicely grouped, each under their category:
Here are the latest reviews published about Gtdagenda around the web:
http://napkin50brake.wordpress.com - Gtdagenda, online application for managing projects and tasks (Spanish)
http://wiredwide.com - Gtdagenda is the best way to keep your calendar organized
Riccardo Manta likes Gtdagenda's simple yet full-fledged interface and writes about the goals' Vision Wall, Checklists, filters and integrations. Thanks Riccardo!
http://denkenswert.wordpress.com - Gtdagenda: Improved calendar integration (German)
Stefan Braun writes about Gtdagenda's new feature for sharing your tasks in iCal and RSS formats, which can be done even for individual projects and contexts, next actions or inbox.
http://takisathanassiou.com - New kid on the GTD block, Gtdagenda
Takis Athanassiou publishes an extensive review about all Gtdagenda features, apps, API and third-party integrations. His screenshots show the new Gtdagenda interface launched this month. Thanks Takis!
We are excited to announce you that Gtdagenda has a brand new interface.
Here is what's new:
- The screen is wider, with three columns instead of two.
- New menu. The top menu was moved to the right and made much more powerful. You can use it to browse major sections, to
quickly access your projects, contexts, goals and calendar, and also to create a new project, context or goal.
- Recently viewed list. A list of the last 10 items viewed is available below the menu.
- Tasks are central. Everything revolves around your tasks, so this new design makes sure the site goes out of the way and lets them have the central spot.
- Insert tasks quicker. You can add new tasks from anywhere using the New Task pop-up (full task details) or a new minimalistic text-box that is above the task list.
Sign in to your account to check it out:
We are always looking for ways to make Gtdagenda more useful to our customers. If you work in sales, or if your work requires you to contact a lot of people, we have published a new white paper called "Manage your Sales Calls with Gtdagenda" that you will find useful. You can read it here:
We have also developed a small app that automates everything in that tutorial. The app uses Gtdagenda as a data-source, but lists your contacts in an easy Excel-type of interface. You can check it out at:
You will need 3 spare contexts, 1 spare project and 1 spare goal in your Gtdagenda account. If you don't have them available you can Upgrade today.
You can now share your tasks in a Gtdagenda context or project using iCal and RSS formats. You can use the iCal format with calendar programs like Outlook or Google Calendar, and the RSS format with any feed reader.
Previously you could get access to your full Gtdagenda task list using iCal, but there was no way to share only a certain context's or project's tasks.
Also, you can now share the Inbox and the Next Actions.
First you need to enable the iCal service. You can do so from the Settings page.
The URL you see here is for your FULL Gtdagenda task list.
Share a Context or Project
To share tasks from a context or project, open a context/project from the right pane. You will see two new links near the top:
Click on the iCal or RSS link and a pop-up will present you the unique feed URL for that context/project:
Copy that link and paste it to your calendar program or feed reader.
Share Next Actions or Inbox
To share next actions, select Next Actions from the Filter menu, and to share the inbox select Inbox from the same Filter menu. Then take the exact same steps as above.
For instructions on setting up Outlook or Google Calendar you can read this help article:
Please note that only the tasks with a due date will be included in iCal feeds.
Hope you'll find this update useful. Please add your comments below.
We are excited to announce you that Gtdagenda is growing.
We just launched our second product, YouTargets.com, and we'd like to invite you to to take it for a spin.
YouTargets is a tool to help you manage your contacts, a simple and easy to use web-based CRM system. Just like Gtdagenda, there's nothing to install, just create an account and access it from any computer with an Internet connection (it looks great on the iPad, too.)
YouTargets allows you to manage up to 30.000 leads, clients, customers and the companies you do business with, and keep track of your deals with them.
- Contacts: Keep all contact information in one place. For each person or company you can set up: phone numbers, email addresses, instant messaging accounts, websites, physical addresses (the location on the map will be generated automatically), social networking accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus.)
- Deals: Any transaction that involves money with one of your contacts is a Deal. Keep track of all of your deals in one place, and make your business grow.
- Tasks: Never forget to follow up with one of your contacts, or on a deal or a case. Use tasks to remember what you need to do and when.
- Custom fields: In addition to the default contact data types (phones, emails etc), you might need special fields just for you. You can set up custom fields for this purpose.
- API: You can use the powerful Youtargets API to integrate our app with your existing systems and databases, import and export data. Anything that can be done with the web interface can be automated via the API (with the help of your developers,) and even more.
Create an account now: YouTargets.com
A Free! version is available for up to 250 contacts.
If you like it and have any suggestions for us, or if you are experiencing problems, send us a message to:
Thank you for your continued support,
We are excited to announce that Gtdagenda now allows you to easily duplicate an existing project. With the click of a button a new copy of a Project will be created along with its containing tasks. There are several use cases for this feature, but two of the most common are:
1) Project Templates
If many of your projects have a similar structure, you can create a template project that you'll keep as a foundation and then duplicate it each time you need to create a new project. At the duplication time you have the ability to change the name of the project and the Goal, if needed.
2) Sequential Checklists
The main Gtdagenda Checklists feature presents a different breed of checklist, and our customers love it. No other task management app has it. But there's also a need for sequential checklists, a series of tasks that must be regenerated and completed in order, time and time again. Again, keep this series of tasks as a project and then copy it as needed.
All the tasks in the new project will be "Not Done", no matter their status in the original project.
To use this feature, open one of your projects and you'll observe a new action button called "Copy", right near the other buttons "Edit", "Close", and "Delete":
A panel will pop-up, allowing you to change the name and the goal of the new project before confirming the action:
Try this feature now by logging-in your account and let us know what you think in the comments.
We are excited to introduce color coded goals, projects and tasks in Gtdagenda. Goals in Gtdagenda can be set-up using one of our 24 new colors, and this color will carry down to all the projects in that goal, and to all the tasks in those projects.
With this update you'll be able distinguish much better, and at a glance, between the different tasks in different areas in Gtdagenda.
You can change the color of a goal anytime again, and all the projects and tasks contained in that goal will receive the new color too.
The projects listed on the right column will show the new color too:
You can can get started with just a few clicks in your Gtdagenda account, creating a new goal or updating an existing one:
Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.
You can now upload files from your mobile and attach them directly to one of your projects, contexts or tasks.
The mobile version is available at:
To attach a file to a project, simply click the "Add file" link at the bottom of the project:
To attach a file to a context, simply click the "Add file" link at the bottom of the context:
You can also attach a file to a task, right when you are creating it:
Please let us know what you think, by posting a comment below this story, or on our Forums.
We decided to offer SSL to all GTDAgenda accounts, and not
make it a selling point for paid plans anymore.
With the proliferation of mobile connections, everyone needs
to have maximum security for their connection to GTDAgenda,
regardless of being a paid customer or just using a free
To turn SSL encryption on, if you don't have it already, go
to Settings, and select the "Enable SSL" checkbox.
You can now send a mobile SMS to Gtdagenda and it will be added as a task in your Inbox.
First you need to confirm your phone number, so we recognize it as yours when you send SMSs to Gtdagenda. Instructions on activating your mobile number are on the Settings page in your Gtdagenda account.
After your phone is confirmed, you simply send a SMS containing the task to our US number: 510-747-8939, and it will be converted as a task in your account. You can even save this number as a contact under the name Gtdagenda, for easy access.
We cannot guarantee this service works from all the countries right now. If you can complete the phone verification process, then everything is ok. If not, please send an email to email@example.com to let us know.
You can now add your own task types in Gtdagenda, in addition to the default ones (Task, Memo, Meeting and Anniversary). You can also manage/delete the default ones.
To manage your task types go to Admin>Task Types:
Add a new Task Type, with a custom icon (15x15px). In this example we create a type called "Follow Up", and we choose a icon for it:
And you'll see it in your list of task types:
Now you can make tasks of this type:
You can now forward your actionable emails to this address:
And they will be conveted into tasks automatically. It will recognize only tasks sent from the email address you are registered with.
If you'd like to send tasks from other sources, or give other people the possibility to send you tasks, you also have a unique generated address like:
That you can give away.
To see your unique email, go to Admin/Mailboxes menu.
We've been working in the last two months on a new Gtdagenda design, and now that it's ready we can show it to you.
Click here to login:
The biggest improvements:
- When clicking on a goal, you will not be presented a list of projects anymore, but the list of tasks in that goal, sorted by project.
- The calendar month name is now clickable, and this will display all the tasks due that month, sorted by day.
- Tasks and Calendar entries are not separate entities anymore, they are the same thing but you can choose a task Type when adding or editing the Task. Current task types are: Task, Memo, Meeting and Anniversary, and we will add custom tasks soon.
- Gtdagenda is 50% faster.
And we have five different color themes for Gtdagenda. You can choose from:
- Grey (defaut theme)
We hope Gtdagenda will make you even more productive. To go into your account:
We introduced a 2-Year payment option for all account types: Basic, Premium and Business. This allows you to save 40% of the regular Monthly price, which means now you can save even more than with the Yearly plan (which is 25% off of the regular monthly price).
The prices for 2 year plans are as follows:
Basic accounts: $69.45/2 years ($2.89/mo)
Premium accounts: $119.95/2 years ($5/mo)
Business accounts: $719.95/2 years ($30/mo)
Basic accounts offer: 30 goals, 50 projects/contexts
Premium accounts offer: unlimited goals/projects/contexts
Business accounts offer: unlimited goals/projects/contexts, multi-user
To take advantage of these plans, go to the Signup page, Or if you already have a Gtdagenda account, Login and use the Upgrade page.
We'd like to announce the new and immediately available
integration between GtdAgenda and Google Calendar. You can now keep in sync your tasks and calendar events between both services.
To synchronize your GtdAgenda account with Google Calendar:
- Go to the "Extra" top-menu, and choose Google Calendar from the options. Or click the link below:
- Follow the link that says "Synchronize your account with Google Calendar".
- Grant GtdAgenda access to your Google Calendar.
- You will see a new calendar in your Google Calendars,
called "Gtdagenda". This calendar be used to synchronize your GtdAgenda tasks.
- Highlight it to make it visible.
What you can do after your accounts are in sync:
1. New Tasks with a due date created in Gtdagenda will appear in Google Calendar. New Events created in Google Calendar will appear as tasks with due date in GtdAgenda.
2. Modifications of tasks in GtdAgenda (such as renaming, changing description, moving to context/project) will be performed in Google Calendar too. And modifications in Google Calendar will be performed in GtdAgenda too.
3. Deleting tasks in GtdAgenda will delete those from Google Calendar too. Deleting in Google Calendar will delete those from GtdAgenda too.
4. Doing a task in GtdAgenda will add a "Completed:" string in front of the task name in Google Calendar. Undoing the task will remove this string. Also (this is cool!) adding by hand a "Completed:" in Google Calendar before the task name will mark the task as Done in GtdAgenda! And removing the string will undo the task.
The Integration works with both Google and Google Apps Calendars.
We encourage you to try this new feature today, and let us know what you think by visiting the Gtdagenda forum: